Sunday, August 7, 2011

Severin - Beagles! Beagles!

June 1993 Sub Pop Singles Club, and by request!

I mentioned earlier that I liked the one song I had by these guys, and wished I'd found more by them. I also implied that they disappeared, and was quickly corrected by a few readers who pointed out that they had this among other things in their catalog.

Anyway, this is a great single. Very much in the DC post-hardcore vein, particularly the A-side. The B-side extends out into some very Dinosaur Jr-esque Indie-rock sounds, complete with wah pedals.

A: Waste of Time
B: Power Play
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You and your readers may want to check out a bunch of Sub Pop singles posted at http://00i00.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.htm
    They did nearly the full run of series one and two of the single club, including this one. Also, thank you for your hard work on this site.

    ReplyDelete