Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Buffalo Tom - Tangerine


I'm pretty sure these guys were one of the opening acts at that Bullet LaVolta show I mentioned earlier, though I'm not 100% certain. I do know that I saw these guys pretty early on, once in Western MA and once in Boston.

I hadn't bought anything by them in a while when I spotted this. They'd sort of slipped off my radar, but I was drawn in by the novelty of this single, Unfortunately, I never got to listen to it.

This record is actually a 5" (in tangerine color!). Sounds cool, but my turntable didn't like it. It never has, this is the first time I've played this. The arm picks up too early, usually within the first seconds as this is far too close to the center for my turntable to start playing anything. I know how to fix it, but am too lazy. Rather than open the whole thing up to reset a screw buried inside the thing, I grabbed John H's borrowed turntable, which worked. Thanks!

It's pretty much what you'd expect from mid-90's Buffalo Tom. Solid Alt rock.

A: Tangerine
B: Breathe
Enjoy!

1 comment: