Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dinosaur (Jr) - Repulsion

This is off of their first album, back when they were just "Dinosaur". The Jr was added after they started to become popular due to the threat of a lawsuit.

The first album isn't their best, but I absolutely love this 7". The B-side wasn't originally released anywhere else (though it now leads off the Merge 2005 re-issue of the first album), and it was worth owning this just for that. It's got all of the early Dino Jr elements, Lou's screaming background vocals, a great line, "I want to crumble, but instead I sit", and a noisy guitar solo. I'd forgotten all about this song, and I think I've listened to it about 8 times tonight.

A:Repulsion
B: Bulbs of Passion
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this!
    You don't happen to have the Out There 10'' single that has a live version of The Post that doesn't appear to be available elsewhere? I'm not sure if it's within the remit of your blog but I thought I would try for a longshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't have it. I'll take a look around and see if I can find a reasonably proced version of it though.

    ReplyDelete