Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sonic Youth - 100%

Another favorite band of that time. I managed to see them quite a bit back in the day, at least 5 or 6 times, always a good live show. Driving to Central Park to see them with Sun Ra on July 4, (1991?) was something.

The ride out of Manhattan on the 4th was harrowing, with streets closed seemingly at random, making the place a maze of one-ways, barricades, traffic cops, and lots and lots of cars. It took hours to leave. My beat up old Honda had a leaky gas tank at this point, and people throwing fireworks under my car while I was stuck in traffic made it a little more interesting than it needed to be.

No clue where I got this one. I think I was a little disappointed in their efforts around this time, because they didn't live up to Daydream Nation, but looking back, that's a tough album to match.

A: 100%
B: Creme Brulee
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment