Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gorilla - Detox Man

Sept. '91 Singles Club release.

I wasn't sure who these guys even were when I got this one. 20 years later, and I've got the incredible power of the internet at my fingertips, and I'm not much closer to an answer, though I've gotten some clues.

They were a Seattle band, mostly made up of older professionals. They never toured, (hard to do that if you've got a good job) so they remained strictly local to the Seattle scene. They cut a handful of records, and seem to have given it up around 2000. Detox Man sounds sort of like Offspring meets the Lyres; anthemic shouted vocals meet organ.

A: Detox Man
B: Sober
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The did tour with zip gun. They also have quite a bit more music out there than what you posted. Discogs rocks

    ReplyDelete